Privacy on Home Appliances Online
Is shopping online with Home Appliances Online safe?
At Home Appliances Online, we care about security and make every effort to ensure our transaction process is safe and that your personal information is secure.
We can assure you that every order you make on our website is safe. We use strict security precautions to make our website safe, including the use of a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) server. Any information you enter while you’re using the secure server is encrypted before being transmitted, so it is virtually impossible for an outside party to access or intercept your information.
You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for either a locked padlock icon or an image of a key in the bar at the bottom of your screen. Additionally, your web address should start with https: – the ‘s’ indicating it is a secure page. This should appear on any page where you are entering personal information, such as your payment card details.
The latest versions of the most popular browsers, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox support this secure connection. If for any reason this option has been disabled on your browser, you will not be able to transact or login until you reset these options. Find this option in your browser settings under security.
How do you protect my credit card details and personal information?
Our website is verified by Norton Secure, powered by Paypal and Verisign to protect your personal data. Your payment methods are also covered through MasterCard Secure Code or Verified by Visa.
For your additional security and to protect your personal information we request that you enter your password each time you wish to view a page containing your personal details.
You can enrol your card in MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa scheme if you are not already a part of them. You will be able to set a private code for online transactions, giving you added protection against the unauthorised use of your credit or debit card online.
Back to top
(1) Any personal details you type in and submit, such as name, address, email address, etc. We only collect information that we require for completion of orders and account set up. We never store payment details on the websites.
(2) Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences (including items added to your basket) and how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies from your navigation around the site. A complete guide to our cookies policy and how to control cookies on your computer can be found here .
(3) Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number) which is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in our website and your location (e.g. county/city) for our site analytics.
(4) Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
Back to top
(1) to process your order, to process any application for finance or a mobile phone contract etc, to maintain guarantee records and to provide pre and after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide pre or after-sales service). We make use of the TouchCommerce system to provide our web chat functionality. Data provided via web chat may be stored on servers based in the United States under a “safe harbour agreement”. This means that the data will be managed to similar standards to those required under UK Data Protection legislation; and
(2) to carry out security checks (this may involve passing your details to our Identity Verification partner, currently 192.com, who will check details we give them against public and private databases – this helps to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions); and
(3) to comply with legal requirements
For administrative purposes we may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use our site and issuing our emails for us.
We would also like to inform you of various promotions, goods and services that may be of interest to you. These would come from us Home Appliances Online, from our affiliates, or from carefully selected third parties. You may be contacted by post, email, telephone, SMS or such other means as we regard as appropriate, including new technology. If you wish to receive these communications, please tick the ‘Yes’ box when entering your personal details. You may unsubscribe at a later date, if you wish – ‘Your rights’ section below.
Back to top
(2) You can ask us not to send you future marketing communications. To do this, simply click this link and submit your details.
We will then suppress your data from all direct marketing, although we will still keep it for processing your order and fulfilling customer service and after sale obligations. Alternatively, you can post your request to the address in (3) below.
(3) You also have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following address. Please enclose a cheque for £10 payable to Home Appliances Online to cover our administration costs and proof of ID such as a copy of your driving licence or a recent utility bill:
Subject Access Request
Home Appliances Online Ltd
10 Osborne Road
Back to top